- InformationVarious networks, working groups, seminars, meetings and conferences are emerging in the different regions of the world to contribute to the debates of Rio+20. You can find them in this section.
Events April 2017 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 All events
- Main Themes
- Ethical and philosophical fundamentals: subjectivity, domination, and emancipation
- Human rights, peoples, territories, and defense of Mother Earth
- Political subjects, the architecture of power, and democracy
- Production, distribution and consumption, access to wealth, common goods, and economies in transition
May 25 2012 Transformative Agenda at Rio+ 20 and Beyond
Also available in Español
In the recent informal negotiations at the UN Headquarters in New York, civil society organizations drew attention to and criticized the attempt of certain member states to delete or bracket references to rights and equity in the outcome document for Rio+20. This became a common rallying call among nearly all major groups and stakeholders in meetings with member states and UN officials during the intersessional.
IBON International, UNITAS, Plataforma Boliviana Frente al Cambio Climático, Fundación Solón, Fundación Jubileo, CEDLA, Grupo Propuesta Ciudadana and Latindadd (Red Latinoamericana sobre Deuda, Desarrollo y Derechos), which have actively taken part in the negotiations, are organizing a Latin America-wide CSO Consultation that will discuss the Latin American agenda to the Rio+ Summit. The event is a preparatory consultation on the lead up to Rio, including the People’s Summit or the Cupola dos Povos events.
- May 30-31, 2012
- Centro de Eventos “El Auditorium” calle Fernando Guachalla 421. La Paz, Bolivia
Regions Latin America
Details of the initiative