- InformationVarious networks, working groups, seminars, meetings and conferences are emerging in the different regions of the world to contribute to the debates of Rio+20. You can find them in this section.
Events February 2017 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All events
- Main Themes
- Ethical and philosophical fundamentals: subjectivity, domination, and emancipation
- Human rights, peoples, territories, and defense of Mother Earth
- Political subjects, the architecture of power, and democracy
- Production, distribution and consumption, access to wealth, common goods, and economies in transition
April 23 2012 Consultation on the African Agenda to the Rio+20 Summit
Reclaiming Rights at Rio: Transformative Agenda at Rio+ 20 and Beyond
A CSO Consultation on the African Agenda to the Rio+20 Summit
In the recent informal negotiations at the UN HQ in New York, CSOs drew attention to and criticized the attempt of certain member states to delete or bracket references to rights and equity in the outcome document for Rio+20. This became a common rallying call among nearly all major groups and stakeholders in meetings with member states and UN officials during the intersessional.
IBON International and the People’s Coalition on Food Sovereignty (PCFS), which have actively taken part in the negotiations , are organizing an Africa-wide CSO Consultation that will discuss the African agenda to the Rio+20 Summit. The event is a preparatory consultation on the lead up to Rio, including the People’s Summit or the Peoples Summit events.
For more information, kindly contact the PCFS secretariat at:
- Email: secretariat(at)foodsov.org
- Adress: Kirichwa Road, Wanandege flats, Apartment no. D4, Kilimani P. O. Box 36851 – 00200 Nairobi, Kenya.
Actors Grassroots organisations and local associations
Details of the initiative